5 Ways to Maximize Your Income as a Stylist
The potential earnings for Stylists go way beyond working with clients in person. There are many other ways that you can use your skills and knowledge to generate extra income during social distancing restrictions or any other time when your in-person business may simply be slow. If you don't already have supplemental income streams then now is the perfect time to think about using your skills as a Stylist to keep the cash flowing and grow your business. So if you're ready to maximize your income using your styling expertise then keep reading.
1. Go Virtual - If you haven't already started offering your services online, then now is the time to start. It's a perfect way to maximize your income as it allows you to offer services to people who live in different towns, cities, and even countries. Increasing the reach of your business will obviously increase your earning potential. And the good news is that it can all be done from the safety of your own home, so if you're on lockdown right now, you can still work with your current clients and take on new ones to keep the money coming in. If you're unsure how to take your services online, then be sure to check out our certified personal stylist program.
2. Offer workshops and coaching groups - I'm a big fan of workshops and group coaching! It's a great way not only to generate more income during the workshop but it can also lead to people signing up to work with you 1:1. You can also co-run a workshop with other businesses to help attract more people. I've worked with local weight loss groups, and hair and beauty salons to create and run workshops, which has given me instant access to their client lists. And of course, you can offer your workshops or coaching groups online, so you can still offer them during the lockdown, and then offer them in person when restrictions are lifted.
3. Create digital style guides - Chances are you are already creating amazing style guides for your clients after their style consultations, so why not use your skills to create digital style guides that people can purchase on your website? You can create guides for each body type or can create ones related to specific style challenges or your area of expertise. These can easily be created using e-book templates using Canva.com and create a supplemental income source for your business. If you find yourself enjoying creating digital guides then you can also think about taking it one step further and writing and style book.
4. Start a blog - If you don't already have a blog then you really need to get one. Blogging is one of the ways to show people your knowledge and gain their attention. Another benefit to blogging is that once you get established you can actually monetize your blog by promoting products or selling advertising space.
5. Start a Podcast - Podcasts are becoming an increasingly popular way to show expertise and connect with potential clients. If you don't feel you have the writing skills to start a blog, or you don't feel comfortable in front of a camera creating videos, then podcasting is a great alternative. By using a podcast to show your knowledge and skills you can attract new clients for your business, and you can also create additional income through advertising and sponsorship. You don't need any expensive equipment to get started you can actually do it using your phone or computer. There are also free hosting sites such as anchor.fm that make it easy for you to get your podcast up and running with ease.
Whatever you do, make sure it's within your comfort zone and it's something that you'll actually enjoy doing. Not everyone is a writer or a teacher, and that's ok. Chose what works best for you and use those skills to maximize your income.
Ready to take your styling career/business to the next level? Then check out our online training programs now!